Grab a hot cup of whatever and get toasty for this holiday treat. Yes, I know it’s only November 3rd. Today I’m reviewing The Weekenders “The Worst Holiday Ever”. Their 13th episode from the 3rd season and the 34th episode of the overall Toon Disney series. Tino and the gang were planning to have the best holiday trip up in the mountains together, even though they all celebrate different holidays. Good for you Weekenders and Disney! Representation is important, show kids that Christmas isn’t the only Holiday…Holiday. While traveling up to the mountains with Lor’s pretty darn cool grandmother, they find themselves in some pretty deep crap when the roads are closed. While freaking out over lack of hair gel and things to do, they gang all shared their “worst (insert holiday here) experiences and Lor’s grandma sets it straight for the youngsters. She teaches them that the Holidays, whatever you celebrate, is about spending it with the people you love and being grateful for what you have. Or… to stay away from wild turkeys. Both lessons are good!
Things I loved about this episode:
- The fact that Carver used Grandma Lor’s powdered Okra (which apparently is very sticky) for hair gel.
- How Grandma’s Lor’s story taught us why we shouldn’t f*ck with wild turkeys apparently!
- The fact that Grandma Lor had every food in powder form.
- The representation of every holiday, as I said earlier.
- The wilderness ranger’s love for The Beatles and Snoop Dogg.
I give this episode: 5/5 stars ★★★★★
gifs & graphics from: disneystheweekenders.tumblr.com